- Are you referring to the name "Delbert"? That was mentioned at Henson.com, in both the characters "featured creature" profile and in the section on commercials. --Minor muppetz 21:19, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
I've just found this illustrated Delbert La Choy Dragon, should it be somewhere on the Wiki? - Warrick
- I think the company continued using the character long after Jim was creating ads for them with the Muppets. —Scott (talk) 18:30, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- I dont have a date sorry, just the image. I think that the inflatable was more around the time of the ads too, and am near certain that it wasnt produced in the 80's. I remember bidding against Mike Dixon for that inflatable on eBay and neither of us would have cared had it been from the 80's. -- Warrick
- Yeah, I find it very interesting. I suppose Henson and Co designed the mascot for La Choy as part of their deal? So La Choy can use the likeness whenever they like. Maybe we should add a subsection to the page with this information on? -- Warrick
I think the image itself is interesting enough to be on the page. I added it to the gallery, with a bland description: "The La Choy Dragon pictured on a can of Chow Mein noodles". It doesn't make any particular claim about the image, just says: here it is. -- Danny (talk) 17:43, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Is it worth adding the inflatable toy too? Warrick 18:37, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
La Choy Dragon Merchandise?
I was wondering if there was any official La Coy merchandise based on Delbert. A couple weeks ago or so, I saw an "inflatable La Choy dragon" on Ebay. The auction is over now, but here is a link to a picture of it: 
Here's the completed listing for it, if anyone's interested: 
I'm not sure if this is meant to be Delbert or not (this has no chef's hat or horns). The auction said it was "brand new from 1990."
I thought there was an older inflatable Delbert made sometime when Jim made the commercials. I just wondered if there was a toy/puppet Delbert something like the Wilkins and Wontkins vinyl puppets.
Anyone know? -- Josh 13:24, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- It looks very likely that that's supposed to be Delbert. I also have this image on my hard drive that I labeled "83" which must mean 1983. I can't remember where the file came from. —Scott (talk) 16:46, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- The puppet in this photo is on eBay right now. Galenfott 23:53, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
- And here's a much nicer specimen. Galenfott 00:04, February 7, 2011 (UTC)