Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TALK PAGES ARE NO LONGER USED
To discuss article changes, please use:
Alligators and Crocs
I'm confused about the difference between the Alligators and the Crocodiles on The Muppet Show. Is the puppet in "Never Smile at a Crocodile" the same one used as Rezal-evad-gib, and in The Earth Day Special? Also, is the puppet on Alligator (Sesame Street) the one mentioned on the Crocodiles page? If so, how are we making the distinction between alligators and crocodiles? -- Danny (talk) 11:13, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
- The ones you mention from The Muppet Show seems to be the same. There is however one more puppet that was used on The Muppet Show, it can be seen in I Go to Rio. I don't know about the one from Sesame Street. Henrik 12:05, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
- By the way, I also think that Rezal-evad-gib is the name of the crocodile god, and not the actual crocodile that we see. My interpretation of the sketch has always been that Rezal sent that particular crocodile to eat the Newsman. Rezal himself is unseen. -- Danny (talk) 12:40, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
- I'd have to check my tapes, but yeah, I think the Earth Day one is the same (I think it also appeared in "Crocodile Rock", I need to check). The difference seems to simply be what they're referred to in the script (I assumed the critter in Earth Day Special was meant to be an alligator, simply because he mentions "The Gator Bowl." -- Andrew Leal (talk) 13:34, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
- Combining them would be good. Henrik 14:54, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
- I should note that the Arnie alligator in "The Muppet Movie" was clearly not a real alligator. To me it looks like a typical hollywood "fake crocodile" puppet that were and are used extinsively, seeing as real crocodilians are too dangerous. Also, this would not have been created by the creature shop. Also, "Caiman" in song of the cloud forest is not a crocodile. Caimans are a separate kind of crocodilian, distantly related to alligators. Tim 2: 35 1 October 2009 (EST)::::::