Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TALK PAGES ARE NO LONGER USED
To discuss article changes, please use:
The Muppet Show
Similar appearance in Sesame cartoon
Sometime in the mid-70s, I recall watching a cartoon about the letter A. Neither the letter itself nor any related words appeared at first--only an orchestra conductor with all the usual stock-character details (wild hair, formal clothes, baton, and vaguely East European accent). The conductor was apparently testing an offscreen pianist's skill at playing chords:
- "May I have a B major, please..."
- [pianist plays the chord straight, no visual gimmicks]
- "Thank you. Now, may I have a G minor, please?"
- [pianist plays that chord straight]
- "Thank you. Now, may I have an A, please?"
- [Silence for a second, followed by a bass voice speaking the letter-name:"A". The conductor looks up in terror as a gigantic lower-case "a", made from stone, hurtles down towards him and leaves a hole in the floor. The conductor pulls himself up and mutters weakly:]
- "Thank you..."
ISNorden 18:37, 12 July 2006 (UTC)