TALK PAGES ARE NO LONGER USED
To discuss article changes, please use:
If you see comments on this page, they remain for archive purposes.
NEWLY ADDED COMMENTS WILL BE REMOVED
The Muppet Show
Similar appearance in Sesame cartoon
Sometime in the mid-70s, I recall watching a cartoon about the letter A. Neither the letter itself nor any related words appeared at first--only an orchestra conductor with all the usual stock-character details (wild hair, formal clothes, baton, and vaguely East European accent). The conductor was apparently testing an offscreen pianist's skill at playing chords:
- "May I have a B major, please..."
- [pianist plays the chord straight, no visual gimmicks]
- "Thank you. Now, may I have a G minor, please?"
- [pianist plays that chord straight]
- "Thank you. Now, may I have an A, please?"
- [Silence for a second, followed by a bass voice speaking the letter-name:"A". The conductor looks up in terror as a gigantic lower-case "a", made from stone, hurtles down towards him and leaves a hole in the floor. The conductor pulls himself up and mutters weakly:]
- "Thank you..."
ISNorden 18:37, 12 July 2006 (UTC)