Tōru Ōkawa (b. 1960) is a Japanese voice actor who has dubbed multiple roles in Muppet productions, notably Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster, and others in the NHK dub of Sesame Street and in DVD releases, as well as various roles on Muppets Tonight.
A frequent anime voice, Ōkawa voiced Saito in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Optimus Prime in Transformers: Armada. TV dub credits include Tinkywinky on Teletubbies, Andrew Robinson on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and various guest roles on Full House, The West Wing, and Star Trek: Voyager. Film dub assignments include Ken Watanabe in Batman Begins, Harold Perrineau in The Matrix movies, Chevy Chase in ¡Three Amigos!, Ice T in Scorpion,and John Malkovich in Ladies Room. In non-Japanese animation, Ōkawa has dubbed Scarface/The Ventriloquist on The Batman, the narrator on Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Victor Quartermaine in Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
Muppet/Creature Shop dub creditsEdit
- Sesame Street (NHK dub, 813 episodes): Cookie Monster, Count von Count, Oscar the Grouch, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Papa Bear, and others
- The Muppets Take Manhattan (DVD dub): Rowlf
- Muppets Tonight: Clueless Morgan, Big Mean Carl, Christopher Darden
- Dr. Dolittle: Rat
- Muppets from Space
- The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland: Oscar
- Kermit's Swamp Years: Wilson
- It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
- Arabian Nights: Chief Executioner