Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A list of times when Full-Bodied Muppets became normal-sized hand puppets, and vice versa.
Characters who regularly switched between puppet and walk-around
Characters who switch from walk-around to hand puppets
Characters who have occasionally switched types
Full-Body characters who switched to puppets for close-up shots
Hand-puppets who switched to full-body costumes for certain scenes
- Oscar the Grouch (walking in his can)
- Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, the Count and Oscar (ice-skating in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street)
- Bert and Betty Lou (ice-skating in Episode 2847)
- Miss Piggy (stunt scenes in The Great Muppet Caper; rollerskating in The Muppets Take Manhattan)
- Ernie and Bert (flying an airplane in Follow That Bird)
- Pops (driving the Happiness Hotel bus in The Great Muppet Caper)
- Taminella Grinderfall in The Frog Prince
- Jen in The Dark Crystal
- The Mad Bomber in Muppets Tonight (Episode 107: Sandra Bullock during the reveal of the Mad Bomber.)
Full-body costumes who switched to hand-puppets for certain scenes