Super Grover 2.0 is Grover's second superhero identity, an upgrade to his popular Super Grover character. Super Grover 2.0 uses his superpowers of investigating, observing and reporting to solve problems and help others.
The Super Grover 2.0 segments focus on the STEM curriculum (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Super Grover 2.0 is featured traveling the world investigating questions, observing facts and reporting on solutions to them.
Super Grover 2.0 appeared as a guest on Good Morning America and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in September 2010 to promote Sesame Street. Sesamestreet.org and PBS Kids hosted "Super Grover 2.0 Week" from February 21 to February 25, airing episodes that contain the segment each day, while the website spotlighted various Super Grover 2.0 clips and games.
|“||He observes...He questions...He investigates. Super Grover 2.0. He shows up.||”|
|Picture||Title / First Appearance||Description|
| Ice Block Party|
| In Antarctica, a large block of ice is in the middle of the dance floor for a group of penguins. Super Grover 2.0 makes attempts to move it, soon resorting to smacking it with a golf club.
| Sandlot Days|
|In Monument Valley, Utah, a cactus' new ball starts deflating. Super Grover 2.0 tries to figure out what kind of ball the cactus can play with that won't leak out air.|
| Nest Moving Day|
|In Brooklyn, New York, Super Grover 2.0 must help a family of robins move a baby grand piano into their new nest.|
| Pretty Good Wall|
|Super Grover 2.0 aids a chicken in getting over The "Pretty Good" Wall of China.|
| Rocking Boat|
|Super Grover 2.0 figures out how to balance a boat with a lamb and an elephant in it.|
| How Now Down Cow|
|At a beauty parlor in a bustling metropolis, a lady cow can't get down the beauty salon stairs and Super Grover 2.0 must aid her.|
| The Cart Before the Horse|
|In Country Road, Present Day, a horse tries to get a ride in the cart and Super Grover 2.0 must help him to move the cart.|
| "Super Grover 2.0"|
|Jay Sean sings about Super Grover 2.0 and how he helps people and how the viewer can use the same skills to solve problems.|
| Wedge End is Up|
| In Red Hook, New York, Super Grover 2.0 comes to the aid of a waiter mouse, who can't get through the kitchen door and serve his customer some cheese.
| The Lost Ring|
|Super Grover 2.0 helps a starfish find her engagement ring.|
| Up the Creek|
|In a Louisiana swamp, two pigs' boat suddenly stops moving. Super Grover 2.0 blows their sail away and learns how to make the boat move without wind.|
| Attach to the Tree|
|A squirrel can't keep his shelf attached to his tree. Super Grover 2.0 arrives with some solutions (such as a carrot and potato chip).|
|Episode 4314||Super Grover 2.0 comes to the aid of some woodland animals, whose lemonade is frozen solid.|
|Episode 4323||Super Grover 2.0 helps find a sheep's knitting needle in a haystack with the use of a magnet.|
Note: This segment premiered in Folge 2684 of the German co-production Sesamstrasse before it aired in the US.
|Picture||Title / Date||Description|
October 2010 (SSvideo)
|Super Grover 2.0 addresses the audience from an office cubicle to remind them to unleash their powers of observation. He explains it as the using all your sense to explore the world around you. Having defined the term, he deems his work here as done. He crashes as he leaps to fly away; his power of observation tells him there's a ceiling in his way.|
October 2010 (SSvideo)
|Super Grover 2.0 speaks to the listener from a city street to present one of his many super powers. In this case, it's the power of questioning, which he explains as asking questions when you do not know the answer. To demonstrate, he asks what tool he can use to move a large rock. He attempts to use his super strength, but upon failing, he asks if anyone has a backhoe or a forklift.|
October 2010 (SSvideo)
|Addressing the audience from a city block, Super Grover 2.0 unleashes the power of investigation. He explains that you can do this by making observations, forming questions and then doing experiments to find out answers to your problems or questions. For example, he observes that there is a stinky smell in the air. As he investigates, he discovers that it is his utility sock. Now that he has unleashed the power of investigation, he decides to unleash the power of some laundry detergent.|
| Super Tools: Ramp|
|Super Grover 2.0 describes the power of ramps. A skateboarding snake finds the ups and downs of it.|
| Super Tools: Wheels|
|The skateboarding snake helps show the power of wheels.|
| Super Tools: Magnet|
|Super Grover 2.0 discovers the attractive power of a magnet.|
| Super Tools: Spring|
|The power of springs give Super Grover 2.0 a lift.|
- Super Grover 2.0 appeared in a series of videos posted on Sesame Street's Facebook and Tumblr pages.
- Good Morning America - On September 24, 2010, Super Grover 2.0 appeared with Elmo and Carol-Lynn Parente to discuss the 41st season of Sesame Street.
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - On September 24, 2010, Super Grover 2.0 crash landed on the show to discuss the 41st season of Sesame Street.
- A walk-around version of Super Grover 2.0 appears at Sesame Place.
- Super Grover 2.0 is the main focus of Spaghetti Space Chase, although here he is referred to as Super Grover. The walk-around made an appearance at the ride's grand opening ceremony.
- Although the segments have yet to air on Plaza Sésamo as of season 13, the Super Grover 2.0 walk-around appears in the Parque Plaza Sesamo theme park, including the stage show, Gran Musical.
- The Super Grover 2.0 walk-around also appears at Beaches Resorts as part of the resort's Caribbean Adventures with Sesame Street program.
- ↑ The Kids TV Shows Blog "Super Grover Gets his Own Kids TV Show" August 3, 2010
- ↑ WorldScreen.com "Sesame Workshop to Present New Series" By Kristin Brzoznowski, August 3, 2010
- ↑ Ryan Dosier, "Interview with Sesame Street's Louis Henry Mitchell, Part 3", The Muppet Mindset blog, November 29, 2010.