Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Studio DC: Almost Live|
|Air Date||August 3, 2008|
|Written by||Matt Leuthe, Steve Millunzi|
|Director||Krash R. Davenport|
Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse is a Disney Channel special which first aired on August 3, 2008. It is a collaboration between The Muppets Studio and Disney Channel in an effort to introduce the Muppets to a younger audience.
Sketches included Miley Cyrus performing "G.N.O. (Girls' Night Out)" with the Electric Mayhem, a parody of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody featuring Kermit the Frog as hotel manager, Ashley Tisdale and Kermit performing "Bop to the Top," and Miss Piggy and the Jonas Brothers performing "That's Just The Way We Roll."
Portions of the special have subsequently aired on the Disney Channel as music videos running in between other programming.
- Dylan and Cole Sprouse, hosts
- Billy Ray Cyrus
- Miley Cyrus
- Brenda Song
- Phill Lewis
- Ashley Tisdale
- Jonas Brothers
- in opening sequence only: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker
- in extended edition sequence only: Rowlf the Dog, Fozzie Bear
- This is the first production in which David Rudman performs Janice, as well as Matt Vogel's first time performing Floyd Pepper.
- The Muppet Performers: Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Eric Jacobson, Bill Barretta, David Barclay, Tim Blaney, BJ Guyer, Bruce Lanoil, Lara MacLean, Paul McGinnis, David Rudman, Michelan Sisti, Matt Vogel
- Executive Producer: Martin G. Baker
- Producers: Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher
- Written by: Matt Leuthe, Steve Millunzi
- Directed by: Krash R. Davenport
- The Muppets Studio Workshop: Paul Andrejco, Lisa Davis, Stephan Rotondaro, Gretchen Crookes, Peter MacKennan
- Production Services: Santa Clarita Studios
- ©2008 Muppets Studio, LLC
In July 2008 the Disney Channel aired four different commercials to promote the special:
- 45-second promo with focus on the entire cast
- 30-second promo with focus on Miley Cyrus
- 30-second promo with focus on Ashley Tisdale
- 30-second promo with focus on Jonas Brothers
Kermit and Miss Piggy appeared on The Today Show to promote the program.
- ↑ Disney/ABC Television Group press release "Short Takes From Disney Channel: Studio DC Hosted By Selena Gomez, Starring Disney Channel Stars With The World Famous Muppets, Premieres Sunday, October 5 on Disney Channel," dated September 11, 2008. Accessed September 13, 2008 via disneychannelpress.com
- ↑ TV Guide Listings, TV Guide