Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Storybook Squares was a short-lived Saturday morning version of Hollywood Squares hosted by Peter Marshall which originally ran for 16 episodes on NBC from January 4-April 19, 1969 (although repeats continued through the end of August). Children competed for prizes while playing Tic-Tac-Toe, with the primary difference from Hollywood Squares being that the celebrities (usually the same ones from Hollywood) were in costume and character as well-known fictional personalities (and a few historical figures, as well).
For six weeks in 1976-77 on Hollywood, the Storybook name and format were revived within the regular timeslot. Big Bird appeared as himself on December 19, 1977, and as with previous appearances addressed Marshall as "Mr. Marshmallow", akin to his difficulties with Mr. Hooper's name.
- Florence Henderson played Belle Starr in the Dec. 19, 1977 broadcast.
- Paul Lynde often played the Frankenstein Monster and the Wicked Witch, as well as Davy Crockett, Paul Bunyan, and others.
- Vincent Price played Captain Hook in one of the 1970s theme weeks.
- Soupy Sales played Thomas Edison in the Dec. 19, 1977 broadcast.
- William Shatner played Captain James T. Kirk on both the 1969 regular series and the 1970s format.
- Connie Stevens played the Queen of Hearts in the Dec. 19, 1977 broadcast.
- Leslie Uggams played Snow White in the 1969 series.