A stagehand is somebody who works behind-the-scenes in theaters, television, film, or location productions, with a number of different duties, from building scenery to fixing lights.
- On The Muppet Show, the main stagehand is Beauregard, sometimes assisted by Beaker. But they are not the only Muppet stagehands.
- In episode 117, two pig stagehands move the trunk that Fozzie Bear is trapped inside onto the stage.
- In episode 223, Fozzie gives Kermit the Frog a note from the stagehands, who apologize for dropping two heavy weights from up in the rafters.
- In episode 303, due to a misunderstanding, Fozzie sends the stagehands to the country during the show, and Fozzie is then forced to do all of the stagehands' duties.
- A number of season three episodes feature a deep-voiced stagehand heard from off-screen.
- In Muppet Classic Theater, the rats are briefly seen as stagehands.