The Snowths are furry pink creatures with horns and round, yellow lips who sing the "do doo do doo doo" backup vocals in versions of "Mahna Mahna" that have appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show and The Muppet Show. Both Snowths were performed simultaneously by Frank Oz, who performed one puppet on each arm; as a result, the Snowths' arms could not be controlled by arm rods and swung freely from side to side.
In recent years, the Snowths appeared without Mahna Mahna in a sketch on episode 107 of Muppets Tonight that parodied the classic sketch. They also performed "Mahna Mahna" with Kermit the Frog on the 2002 Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon, where they were performed by Julianne Buescher.
The Snowths moved their arms with hand rods for the first time at the 2001 show The Muppet Show Live, where one of them puts their hands over their mouth when Mahna Mahna goes crazy. They also appeared in the 2005 "Bandanana" commercial for the Australian charity CanTeen, in which they, along with Mahna Mahna, wore green bandanas.
The Snowths' recent appearances include Studio DC: Almost Live! where they sang backup for Miley Cyrus performing her song "G.N.O. (Girls' Night Out)". On November 17, 2011, they appeared on Good Morning America, and were performed by Matt Vogel and Peter Linz. When the Snowths appeared during Jim Henson's Musical World, they were both operated by Kevin Clash. They also appeared in the "All I Need is Love" music video, performed by Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson.
In Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles, Alison Inches explains that the characters in Jim Henson's original sketch were called Snouths, based on a combination of the words snout and mouth. However, by the time the characters appeared on The Muppet Show, the spelling had changed to Snowths. The characters are referred to as such in The Muppet Show Book, on the back of The Muppet Show album, and on all future album releases.
- The Ed Sullivan Show ("Mahna Mahna")
- The Muppet Show
- The Muppet Movie ("The Rainbow Connection" Finale)
- The Muppets Take Manhattan (Wedding Finale)
- Muppets Tonight
- The 2002 Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon ("Mahna Mahna" with Kermit) and ("I've Got My Mind Set On You" with Kermit)
- CanTeen "Bandanana" commercial
- Studio DC: Almost Live! ("G.N.O. (Girls' Night Out)" with Miley Cyrus)
- Muppet viral videos
- The Muppet Show Theme Music Video
- The Muppets
- Orange commercial
- Good Morning America
- Kermit's Party
- The Bachelorette
- "All I Need is Love"
- Christmas in Rockefeller Center
- Muppets Most Wanted
- The Muppet Show Book
- The Muppet Show Comic Book
- Issue #1 - "Kermit's Story" (cover only)
- Issue #4 - "Miss Piggy's Story"
- The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson
- Issue #2
- Muppet Robin Hood - Issue #3
- Muppet Snow White
- Palisades Toys released a PVC figure of the Snowths in the Mini Muppets collection.
- Plans to release full-size, articulated action figures of the Snowths in Series 12 of Palisades' line were never realized.
- Funko currently has plans to release a Snowth vinyl figure in 2012. Two metallic painted Snowths were included in a 3-pack box set (with a metallic paint Mahna Mahna figure) sold exclusively at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con.
- A Snowth 3" figure was included in the third series of Muppet Vinylmation figures.