Sharon Smith is a designer, artist, and sculptor who worked for Jim Henson's Creature Shop from 1996 until 2005. She began as a painter and sculptor before becoming a designer (and often head of design) on feature films, commercials, and other projects. She contributed to the realization of It in Five Children and It and designed all of the Vogons in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Since leaving Henson, Smith has worked freelance and served as supervisor for 3D printed costume elements (including headpieces and jewelry) in Jupiter Ascending.
Creature Shop credits
- The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas - Art finisher
- Arabian Nights - Creature costume design
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Head of creatures design
- Snow Queen - Art director
- Five Children and It - Head of design and sculpt
- Mee-Shee: The Water Giant - Creature design
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Creature supervisor/creature costume designer