Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sesame Street Film Festival is a special, 38-minute compilation of Sesame Street inserts, primarily animated, that showcase the variety of artists who produced content for the show, produced around 1996. The program is available for viewing at the Paley Center for Media.
The program begins with a spoof of the intro to Alfred Hitchcock Presents, with Big Bird in place of Hitchcock, but Big Bird's outline won't stay put for him to fill. Big Bird, claiming to be a "big time director," then introduces the short films, stating an old Hollywood adage: "There's no such thing a a short film, just short attention spans." The segments include:
- Soul A
- Luxo Jr.: Heavy and Light (Pixar)
- "From Your Head" (Sally Cruikshank)
- Plants Need Water (Elwood Smith)
- Cat Food Call (Dan Haskett)
- "Mother Goose Jamboree"
- Fast/Slow Birds (Karen Aqua)
- Cecille: "The Game of Make Believe" (Will Vinton Studios)
- Beginning/Middle/End (Frank Gresham)
- "Felines" (Rose Rosely)
- The Maestro Plays
- Number Guy #9 (Spiffy Pictures)
- Water Conservation (Klasky/Csupo Inc.)
- Camel Clouds
- Babies and Dogs (Keith Haring)
- "In Your Imagination"
- Lillian, Big Sister (Craig Bartlett)
- "Tall Short Texans" (Joey Ahlbum)
- Chanting Letter H
- "Hammer Time with Hammer" (Will Vinton Studios)
- Mother Tucks Child into Bed (Michael Sporn)
- Parade of Numbers #13
- Leanna Williams in Hawaii (ArtistMike)
- "African Animal Alphabet"
- Dancing Sandwich Parts
- X Song (Jane Aaron)
- Picasso's Face
- "Monster in the Mirror" (Jim Blashfield)
Following the inserts, Big Bird appears again to close the program, trying to figure out what he learned from the films. He then invites his outline for a meal.