Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Selfridges is a chain of British department stores founded in 1909. Like Macy's in the United States, they have become world famous for their unique and ever-changing window displays. In 2013, the establishment inspired the ITV series Mr Selfridge, also aired on PBS.
- Kermit and Piggy appeared in a London window display on December 29, 1977.
- Beginning October 20, 1981, several windows in a London store were decorated with The Muppet Show displays for the holiday season. Vignettes included the Muppets in a sleigh, the Swedish Chef in his kitchen, and Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker in Muppet Labs. Michael Frith served as art director and the characters were specially built at 125% for the display.
- In 2004, Kermit the Frog and Robin featured in a Christmas display at the flagship store on Oxford Street in London as Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim, their characters from The Muppet Christmas Carol. A similar poser setup had previously been used in 1992 for Tiffany's Christmas Windows.
- A "stunt double" for Miss Piggy appeared in the window of a Selfridges, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the birth of punk, starting with March 2006. Miss Piggy told Vogue UK: "Believe moi, I would love to spend six weeks in Selfridges! But if I'm going to be there, I want to be shopping, not standing in the window, sweetie!" 
- In the UK version of "Postcards from Traveling Matt" from the season two Fraggle Rock episode "A Friend in Need", Matt visits a great race, actually a Selfridges department store sale.