|Written by||Constance Allen|
|Series||All About Music|
Scheherryzade and the Arabian Nights is a 1991 Sesame Street book and cassette set designed to expose children to classical music. The cassette features music by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, with vocals recorded by the Muppet performers.
- Frank Oz as Sinbad (Grover)
- Caroll Spinney as the narrator (Big Bird)
- Richard Hunt as assorted male voices
- Jerry Nelson as Scheherryzade (Herry Monster)
- Kevin Clash as the Cyclops
- Camille Bonora as the Queen of Arabia
In the story, the grouchy Queen of Arabia outlaws bedtime stories. Scheherryzade sees the Queen, and tells her a story about Sinbad the Sailor. Sinbad is shipwrecked on an island, where he encounters a giant bird and a Cyclops. The Queen is so pleased with Scheherryzade's story that she changes her mind and allows bedtime stories again.
- Directed by Eugenia "Geni" Sackson
- Produced by Lauren Keiser