Rub-a-Dub-Dub is an English Nursery Rhyme with many variations. One of the most common is as follows:
“Rub a dub dub,
Three men in a tub,
And who do you think they be?
The butcher, the baker,
The candlestick maker.
Turn them out, knaves all three.”
- The rhyme was adapted for Mother Goose Stories.
- In a 2004 episode of Sesame Street, the Three Men in a Tub come to Hooper's Store to answer a want ad for help wanted. It turns out they've answered the right ad (for "Beefsticks, Breadsticks & Candlesticks"), but come to the wrong place.
- In The Sesame Street Treasury Volume 3, Herry Monster, Cookie Monster, and Grover play the three men in a tub.
- William Wegman posed some of his dogs as the Three Men in a Tub for Sesame Street. (EKA: Episode 3530)
- In the book My Name Is Grover, Grover says the rhyme is his favorite, and adapts it for himself, Big Bird and Elmo.