Rua Sésamo is the Portuguese co-production of Sesame Street.
Poupas was a full-body character who was nearly identical to Big Bird, except for his orange feathers, his blue and purple feathers on his tail and head and black-and-pink eyelids. Ferrão was a brown Grouch who lived in crates on Rua Sésamo. Tita was a female cat performed by Filipa Melo.
Tita also appeared on the US Sesame Street special Sesame Street Stays Up Late!.
- Episode 11: "A Pastorinha perdeu os Carneirinhos"
- Episode 16: "O SuperGualter"
- Episode 18: "O Pesadelo do Ferrão"
- Episode 29: "O João Esquecido vai viajar"
In November 2008 the first Rua Sésamo version of Sesame Street Live was produced. It was presented by Mandrake in association with Sol, produced by Vee Corporation Usa situated in Lisbon. Tickets were priced between €25 and €28,50 each.
It was a big production with 25 technicians and 23 actors who played Ernie, Bert, Big Bird (called Poupas) and others. There were also 10 specialists who worked backstage for sound, light, figuration, stage, scenery and text. 15 people also assisted on stage.
- 11/7/08 - 11/9/08: Europarque (Lisbon)
- 11/14/08 - 11/16/08: Santa Maria da Feira
- 11/21/08 - 11/23/08: Figuera Da Foz
Some of the Actors and Musicians were Sérgio Godinho, Nuno Lopes, Henrique Feist, Susana Félix, JP Simões, Tânia Ribas de Oliveira, Paula Oliveira, Filipa Pais, João Nuno Martins and Ricardo Spínola
Lyrics, direction and translations by Tiago Torres da Silva
Musical director by Paula Oliveira
- Alexandra Lencastre as Guiomar
- Carla Pinguinha as Andreia
- Tatiana Gaspar as Menina do "Telefone Está a Tocar"
- Fernando Gomes as José Maria
- Vítor Norte as André
- José Luís Trindade as Gil
- Luís Filipe Marques as Agapito Vermelho
- Margarida Gama as Agapita Rosa
- Grover (Gualter): Joel Sousa
- Cookie Monster (Monstro das Bolachas): Marina Côrte-Real
- Count von Count (Conde de Contar): Unknown
- Kermit the Frog (Cócas o Sapo): Unknown