Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Born in Melbourne, Australia in 1958, Ron Mueck spent over twenty years of his life as a professional puppet builder and performer. The son of toymakers, Mueck worked on a children's television show, Shirl's Neighborhood, performing various animal characters. He was recruited by Dave Goelz while filming international segments of Fraggle Rock. Moving to London around 1982, he worked on several Henson productions, most notably providing the puppetry and voice of Ludo in Labyrinth. Mueck also worked at the NY Muppet Workshop with the Muppet design team.
Now a successful hyper-realist sculptor based in London, Mueck creates works of art based on human form, chiefly out of silicone or polyester casts. Mueck's own attitude towards his sculpting work was revealed in an interview in 2002: "I don't know why I'm doing it but I don't know what else I'd be doing. I'm not driven by art, it's just all I can do."
- Fraggle Rock: Uncle Traveling Matt (assistant/alternate puppeteer for Australian postcard segments)
- Dreamchild: The Gryphon (puppeteer)
- Labyrinth: Ludo, Firey 2 (assistant), Goblins (voice)
- The Tale of the Bunny Picnic: Storyteller Bunny
- Labyrinth: Workshop Team Fabricator on the The Wiseman and Fireys
- Puppetman: Designed dragons
- The Ghost of Faffner Hall: Designer of principal characters, including Fughetta Faffner
- The StoryTeller
- Mother Goose Stories
- ↑ Herd, Juliet. "In Like Skin." The Australian. December 21, 2002.