Live Hands to Rod Hands
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
- Link Hogthrob
- The Muppet Show episode 205 — "I Talk to the Trees"
- The Muppet Show episode 224 — Operetta Medley
- The Muppet Show episode 306 — "Tico Tico"
- The Muppet Show episode 308 — "The Rhyming Song"
- The Muppet Show episode 416 — "Golden Earrings"
- The Muppet Show episode 419 — practicing to be a super hero
- The Muppets Go to the Movies — hitting a gong
- Muppet Treasure Island — standing by a gong
Rod Hands to Live Hands
- Red Fraggle
- Sarah Hall-Small
- Uncle Traveling Matt
- Dr. Teeth originated as a rod hand Muppet in The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence. During the first season of The Muppet Show, he alternated between rod hands and live hands, eventually remaining a live hand puppet. Appearances by the rod hand Dr. Teeth puppet include: Episode 103 ("Willkommen"), Episode 104 ("Sunny"), and Episode 116 (exiting the stage from "Tenderly"), Episode 218 ("That Old Black Magic"), episode 302 (Leo Sayer's dressing room).
- Grump had rod hands in early appearances (FHA commercial and The Ed Sullivan Show), but when he was in the Muppet Meeting Films he had live hands, except for the meeting film "Let Us Have the Dam Break".
- Mokey Fraggle switched back and forth between live hands and rod hands, depending on what the scene required.
- Sonny Friendly originated as a rod hand Muppet (modified from the Large Lavender Live Hand design) played by Richard Hunt on Sesame Street from Season 18 to Season 23. After David Rudman took over the character in 1992, he became an actual Large Lavender Live Hand. However, in later appearances from the late 1990's into 2000, Sonny Friendly shrunk to a Little Lavender Anything Muppet with rod hands.