Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rocky is a 1976 film starring Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa, an amateur boxer who unexpectedly has a chance to compete in the world heavyweight championship. The movie spawned five sequels: Rocky II, III, IV, V and Rocky Balboa.
- The Winter 1986 issue of Muppet Magazine featured a comic spoof titled Wocky XVICCDLCVI... Gonzo appeared in the Clubber Lang role from Rocky III.
- Baby Bear's celebrations of learning in Sesame Street episode 3230 are scored by a spin on "Gonna Fly Now," the theme of the 1976 film.
- In episode 3809, Elmo tries to guess what Rocco's favorite movie is; among the movies he names is Rocky.
- In his book Before You Leap, Kermit says the original title for The Great Muppet Caper was "The Muppet Movie II," but Roman numerals were in short supply because of the Rocky movies.
- A 2012 episode of Sesame Street features Telly training Elmo to be the Hot Potato Winner in a montage spoofing that of the Rocky films, putting Telly and Elmo in Mickey and Rocky's roles (and outfits) respectively. The montage is underscored by "Eye of the Potato," a parody of Rocky III’s theme "Eye of the Tiger."
- On September 20, 2015, Fozzie Bear posted a Twitter status: "Which U.S. landmark packs the biggest punch? The Rocky Mountains! Ahhhh! #WockaWocka! Apologies to @TheSlyStallone. Please don't hurt me." 
- In Rocky II (1979), Rocky mentions his plans for his earnings:
- During a montage meant to show Rocky's rise to fame in the beginning of Rocky III (1982), The Muppet Show can be seen and heard on a television. Jim Henson recorded a special Muppet Show intro as Kermit announcing that the episode featured Rocky Balboa, the title character of the film. Footage from Sylvester Stallone's 1978 episode of The Muppet Show was used and passed off as that of Rocky Balboa.
- Apart from Stallone, the following actors worked with the Muppets/Henson and in the Rocky movies.