The Rock Around the Block Parade debuted at the Sesame Place theme park in 1997, replacing the "AmaZing Alphabet Parade". The parade continued to run daily at the park until October 31, 2010; it has since been replaced by the Neighborhood Street Party parade.
- All songs are sung by the Sesame Street characters and played via pre-recorded tracks. Many lyrics are changed to include references to Sesame Street characters.
- Rock Around the Clock
- Dancing in the Streets
- Let's Twist Again
- At the Hop
- Shake, Rattle and Roll
- Surfing Safari
- Surfin' USA
- Wipe Out
- Rubber Duckie
- Splish Splash
- Put Down the Duckie
- Heart of Rock n Roll is Still Beating
- Tequila (lyric changed to "Hola!")
- Get on your feet
- Happy Birthday
- Big Bird (the grand marshal), Cookie Monster, Telly, Elmo and Zoe lead the parade on foot.
- Jackman Wolf, serves as the parade DJ from atop a giant Jukebox float.
- A giant Elmo balloon
- A large float with Oscar popping out of his trash can
- A large Mr. Snuffleupagus balloon (the largest balloon in the parade)
- Hoots the Owl rides a float designed to look like the Birdland night club. Bert and Ernie, dressed in jazz attire (sunglasses, black shirt and berets) also ride the float, coming off to dance in the street and interact with viewers at points along the way. On days that the park has a special musical guest, such as Christy Carlson Romano, they appear on this float.
- Count von Count rides a float seated at a giant pipe organ, occasionally coming off to dance and interact with guests.
- A float with a large drum set being played (at times) by Elmo
- A large tropical bird float features Rosita and Prairie Dawn in tropical garb.
- A Birthday Cake float for each Anniversary
- A large Big Bird balloon float brings up the rear, with honorary Birdketeers riding and waving to guests.
- At a 1997 launch year event, dancers from American Bandstand appeared. Various Philadelphia and Los Angeles regulars appeared at the event.
- Christy Carlson Romano appeared in the parade in May 2007 and June 2008.
- Bob McGrath appeared in the parade in June 2007.