Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Emma Jones|
Ready, Set, Go! A Counting Book is a 1995 Sesame Street Little Golden Book.
A breathless announcer narrates as ten runners take off from the starting line at the first annual Sesame Street race. Along the way, the ten runners drop out, one by one, and the announcers counts them from ten contestants at the start, down to one crossing the finish line:
- Bert stops to tie his shoelaces.
- Betty Lou trips, and skins her knee.
- Benny Rabbit stops in the lobby of The Furry Arms Hotel to take a nap.
- Telly Monster makes a wrong turn.
- Grover stops at the Dance Studio to join the tap-dance rehearsal.
- Cookie Monster stops for ice cream.
- Ernie stops at the pool to dive.
- Herry Monster rescues a kitten from a tree.
- Elmo buys a cup of lemonade.
- Zoe wins the race... and just keeps on running, past the finish line and down the street.
The book, published in 1995, makes a point of using characters and locations from the "Around the Corner" area, which debuted in Season 25 (1993). The route includes the Furry Arms Hotel and the Dance Studio, Benny Rabbit is one of the racers, and the spectators include Humphrey, Ingrid, Baby Natasha and Sherry Netherland.