Raggedy Ann is a doll created by Johnny Gruelle in 1915 with red yarn for hair and a triangle nose. The character later appeared in books, cartoons, movies, and a Broadway musical, its lasting impression on popular culture is in doll form. Her brother, Raggedy Andy, was later introduced and appears with his sister in many of her adventures.
Raggedy Ann appeared alongside characters from other franchises on the back of the Little Golden Book series with Ernie and Bert, Big Bird, The Poky Little Puppy, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Bambi.
- When Hilda suggests that Gonzo is too old for a teddy bear in The Muppet Show episode 102, he wonders if he's emotionally mature enough for a Raggedy Ann doll.
- A Sesame Street film about the letter D features two girls playing with Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. (EKA: Episode 0406)
- A Raggedy Ann and Andy mobile appears over a baby's crib in the Sesame Street song "Brothers Song."
- Ivy Austin played Raggedy Ann in the 1986 Broadway musical
- Daws Butler voiced Raggedy Andy in the specials The Great Santa Claus Caper (1978) and The Pumpkin Who Would Not Smile (1979).
- David Conner was assistant conductor for the 1977 animated film.
- Paul Dooley voiced Gadzooks in the 1977 animated film.
- Danny Epstein was musical coordinator for the 1977 animated film.
- Dan Haskett was an assistant animator (working on scenes of the Greedy) on the 1977 animated film.
- Katie Leigh voiced Sunny Bunny in The Adventures of Raggedy Ann & Andy (TV, 1988-1990)
- Fred Nihda built the Camel with the Wrinkled Knees, the Twin Penny dolls, the Captain and ship in snowglobe, and rebuilt Grandpa toy props for the live-action scenes in the 1977 animated film.
- Joe Raposo wrote the songs, score, and conducted the music for the 1977 animated film (including "Blue"), cameoed as the bus driver in the opening moments, and did minor pirate voices and chorus. In 1986, Raposo reused some songs and added new ones for the Broadway production.
- Michelan Sisti played the panda in the 1986 Broadway musical
- Michael Sporn was assistant animation supervisor for the 1977 animated film.
- Arnold Stang voiced Queasy the parrot in the 1977 animated film.
- Allen Swift voiced Maxi-Fixit in the 1977 animated film.
- Patricia Thackray co-wrote the screenplay for the 1977 animated film.
- Canemaker, John. The Animated Raggedy Ann & Andy. 1977, Bobbs-Merrill.