The Quill Book Awards were a "consumer-driven awards created to inspire reading while promoting literacy," which were awarded from 2005 to 2007. Supported by NBC Universal Television Stations, Borders, Barnes & Noble, and the American Booksellers Association, among others, the awards were dissolved in 2008.
- Maya Angelou, Amazing Peace: A Christmas Poem, 2006
- Al Gore, An Inconvenient Truth, 2006 and The Assault on Reason, 2007
- Holly Robinson Peete, Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game! A Woman's Guide to Loving Pro Football, 2006
- Rachael Ray, Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats: A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners, 2006 and Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals: Eat Healthy Without Going to Extremes, 2005
- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, 2005
- Shel Silverstein, Runny Babbit: A Billy Sook, 2006
- Jon Stewart and the Writers of The Daily Show, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America: A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction, 2006