|Release Date:|| 1997 (VHS)|
Quiet Time is a Sesame Street video released on April 1, 1997. Big Bird wants to find out what to do at "quiet time." He asks his friends for suggestions, which include reading, drawing, and napping. A countdown of the Top Ten quiet time tips appear periodically (announced by David Rudman) on a Campbell's Soup can, including such ideas as "Practice your giraffe imitation."
- Rosita offers to bring a book of quiet time suggestions. In contrast, Oscar's idea of quiet time is singing "I Heard My Dog Bark" with Grundgetta and the Grouchketeers, which isn't what Big Bird had in mind. (new footage)
- Zoe suggests playing an imagination game.
- Telly suggests reading his book, The Man Who Couldn't Sleep. In this fairy tale, a man (played by Telly) can't sleep because of the wind and rustling leaves. He seeks the counsel of the Wise Man whose counsel involves bringing in a wide range of livestock, from a cow to a sheep. When the man finally rids his house of the noisy animals, the wind and the trees no longer bother him and he can sleep at last. (new)
- The cartoon "In My Book," sung by Jerry Nelson
- Suzie Kabloozie imagines she's a pirate, with the help of a book.
- In the Park, Big Bird meets Daphne Rubin-Vega, who sings "It's Quiet Time" to him about how silence and quiet can be soothing and fun. Clips of children, animals, and rivers are interspersed. (new)
- Ernie admits that he's not in a quiet time mood. He goes to the apartment to ask Bert to play. The pair sing "Naptime. This newly taped sequence features the puppeteers lip-synching to the original track from the album What Time Is It on Sesame Street?.
- Big Bird decides to take a nap when Rosita returns to find him asleep. She finds that Big Bird has already tried all of the suggestions in her book, except for napping. (new)
- Big Bird sings about all the quiet things one can do. As the credits roll, he reveals a picture he drew of himself and Telly (art by Caroll Spinney). (new)
Special Guest Star
- Saman Rouhani, Megan Willis, Carisse Elizabeth Moy, Jamari Richardson
- Executive Producer: Nancy Kanter
- Producer: Karin Young Shiel
- Writer: Jeff Moss
- Segment Writers: Chris Cerf, Sara Compton, Tony Geiss
- Director: Ted May
- Segment Director: Jon Stone
- Songs: Jeff Moss, Dave Kinnoin, Tony Geiss
- Additional Music: Jimmy Hammer
- Music Supervisor: Dave Conner
- Music Coordinator: Danny Epstein
- Puppet Captain: Kevin Clash
- Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop: Mark Zeszotek, Stephen Rotondaro, Lara MacLean
- Production Designer: Victor DiNapoli
- Costume Designers: Bill Kellard, Terry Roberson
- Associate Director: Ken Diego
- Set Decorator: Nat Mongioi
- Graphic Designers: Mike Pantuso, Pete Ortiz
- Camera: Frank Biondo, Mark Whitman, Pat Minetta
- Audio: Blake Norton, Carla Bandini-Lory