Quantum Leap is a science fiction television series that aired from 1989 to 1993. The story follows Scott Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett, a scientist who has invented a machine that allows someone to travel back in time throughout their own lifetime, briefly inhabiting the body of another individual.
- During an appearance on The Pat Sajak Show in 1989, Sajak commends his guest Kermit the Frog on hosting a prime-time TV series. Kermit says it's just the beginning, and cites a few shows coming up with frogs in the works:
- Kermit: [We've got]... Quantum Leap-frog.
- Sajak: I'd watch that!
- Kermit: Yeah, that's a good one.
- A commercial in the 1991 Dinosaurs episode "Charlene's Tale" advertises a show comprising elements of various TV shows, including a character who "leaps through time".
- Debbie Allen played Joanna Chapman in "Private Dancer" (1991)
- Michael Carter played P.J. DeCaro in "Dreams" (1991)
- Marietta DePrima played Lorraine in "Piano Man" (1991)
- Neil Patrick Harris played Mike Hammond in "Return of the Evil Leaper" (1993)
- Teri Hatcher played Donna Eleese in "Star-Crossed" (1989)
- Chaim Jeraffi played Ali in "The Curse of Ptah-Hotep" (1992)
- Bob Saget played Mack MacKay in "Stand Up" (1992)
- Reni Santoni played Sgt. Lopez in "Lee Harvey Oswald" (1992)
- Brooke Shields played Vanessa Foster in "Leaping of the Shrew" (1992)
- Patrick Warburton played Blaster in "The Leap Home: Part 2" (1990)