Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pregnancy is the time during which offspring develops inside a woman. A multiple pregnancy involves more than one offspring, such as with twins. Pregnancy can occur by sexual intercourse or assisted reproductive technology, and ends in childbirth.
- Kermit and Miss Piggy (in a wedding dress stuffed with a pillow so that she looks pregnant) performed "Waiting at the Church" in episode 223 of The Muppet Show. The song follows an expecting bride who is stood up on her wedding day. The reason, as Kermit states: "Can't get away to marry you today, my wife won't let me."
- Maria's pregnancy was a central story arc of the 20th season of Sesame Street. Big Bird and Maria visited a maternity clinic in Episode 2558; Maria went into labor in Episode 2614 and Gabby was born in Episode 2615.
- While brainstorming ideas for a fourth Muppet film to follow The Muppets Take Manhattan, Jim Henson and Jerry Juhl considered a proposal for a film where Miss Piggy might be pregnant. Henson dismissed the concept, calling it a little too "specific and explicit."
- In The Muppets episode "Pig Girls Don't Cry," Scooter asks Pepe about his cousin's wedding. Pepe comments on her dress, stating "there's not many options when you're pregnant with, like, 4,000 babies." According to Sam the Eagle, the first step in the process of making babies is shaking hands.
- Miss Piggy caused controversy in 2015 with an off-hand remark concerning abortion. In an interview after receiving the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art's First Award, MSNBC reporter Irin Carmon asked Miss Piggy, "Are you pro-choice?" Piggy responded: "I am pro-everything!" The remark drew criticism from conservatives.
- ↑ Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones (page 407)
- ↑ newsbusters.org: MSNBC's Carmon Asks Miss Piggy 'Are you Pro-Choice?'
- ↑ Left-Wing Muppets: Miss Piggy Comes Out as Pro-Choice Feminist