Peter Piper, of Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, is a nursery rhyme and tongue twister which is believed to have been introduced in London around 1813. The common modern verse is as follows:
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
- Peter Piper attends Storybook Community School along with Abby Cadabby, Baby Bear, Jack and Jill, Hansel and Gretel, Mary, and Little Red Riding Hood. He is the first to introduce himself to Baby Bear on his first day of school in episode 4093. This version of the character has been played by at least four different performers: Jim Kroupa, Kevin Clash, Martin P. Robinson and Eric Jacobson.
- In a "Sesame Street News Flash", Kermit goes to Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers Patch to interview him, but he only gets to meet other members of his family, whose names all begin with a common letter. Eventually, it turns out that Peter himself is in Portland, pressing pants.(EKA: Episode 1563)
- In episode 4139 of Sesame Street Abby Cadabby poofs herself to Fairyland and brings back Peter Piper and Prince Paul Charming.
- In episode 2602, John Moschitta, Jr. plays Porter Pepper of Peter Piper "P" Products, which produces products that begin with the letter "P". He mentions that two of his clients were Peter Pan and Pablo Picasso until Peter Piper, the boss, gives him a phone call. Pepper now presents a new problem: Peter Piper "P" Products has been purchased, and is now Sam Singer "S" Stuff Store.
- In the storybook "Elmo's Mother Goose", Bert plays Peter Piper, polishing paper clips. He once again polishes the paper clips in the Little Golden Book Sesame Street's Mother Goose Rhymes.