Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peter Friedman (b. 1949) is an actor who puppeteered on The Muppet Show, appearing in five episodes in the first season and four more during the show's third season. While he often performed minor roles (usually singing) and right-handing, his most notable performance on the series was as the Seven-foot-tall Talking Carrot who sang "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" with Gilda Radner. He also spent a brief stint on Sesame Street during Season 8 and Season 9, as the back end of Mr. Snuffleupagus.
Before and after his Muppet work, Friedman performed on Broadway in New York, understudying and playing supporting roles in such 70s productions as The Visit and Don Juan. In more recent years, he has played leading roles in Ragtime (receiving a Tony Award nomination for originating the part of Tateh) and Twelve Angry Men. TV work includes appearances on Miami Vice, Without a Trace, and Law & Order; and film credits include such semi-independent films as I Shot Andy Warhol and I'm Not Rappaport (with Walter Matthau).
- The Muppet Show
- Episode 111: Lena Horne: Lead Raggmopp
- Episode 112: Peter Ustinov
- Episode 113: Bruce Forsyth: Jugband Fiddler
- Episode 114: Sandy Duncan: Banana, Crocodile
- Episode 115: Candice Bergen: Andre
- Episode 302: Leo Sayer
- Episode 303: Roy Clark: Lead Singing Fireman
- Episode 304: Gilda Radner: Seven-foot-tall Talking Carrot
- Episode 305: Pearl Bailey
- Sesame Street: Mr. Snuffleupagus (back end), a banana from "Bilingual Fruit Song" (singing voice only)