Peru is a South American country. The capital city is Lima, which also became the name of a local bean (found in other Mesoamerican contries but named because they were often shipped from Lima during the Spanish colonial period). Portions of the Amazon Basin are found in Peru, and pre-colonization, the country was the center of the Incan civilization. Native fauna include the Humboldt penguin (also found in Chile).The darkest regions are purportedly home to marmalade loving bears.
- Machu Picchu, the most famous Peruvian locale, has been referenced in several Muppet projects, and directly visited by Lola with footage on Plaza Sésamo.
- In a 2011 YouTube video for the Latin American release of The Muppets, Peruvian celebrities appeared in the "Never-Ending Mahna Mahna Phenomahna." They included ; pop band Ádammo, TV host Bruno Pinasco, and actress Gianella Neyra.
- In a 2015 promotional image for Muppets Most Wanted on home video, Fozzie Bear made a pun ("...PERUse around") in front of Machu Picchu.
- On The Jimmy Dean Show of April 23, 1964, Rowlf returns from the World's Fair with the mask of a Peruvian rain god, Mugga Wugg Chapultepec.
- In the 1981 book The Great Muppet Caper!: The Making of the Masterpiece, Miss Piggy's past films include Caught in a Wild Embrace During an Improbable Summer Snowstorm Somewhere Off the Coast of Peru Quoting Trotsky.
- In the 1993 Muppet Kids book The Best Gift of All, Kermit and Skeeter are both excited by the arrival of Peruvian guinea pigs (an actual breed) at the local pet shop.