Paul Williams (b. 1940) is a prolific composer, lyricist, singer and actor.
Some of his most famous compositions include "We've Only Just Begun," "An Old Fashioned Love Song," "I Won't Last a Day Without You," "Nice to Be Around," "You and Me Against the World," "Sad Song", "Evergreen" (which earned Williams an Academy Award), "Rainy Days and Mondays", and "The Rainbow Connection" (which earned Williams an Academy Award nomination).
The biographical documentary Paul Williams Still Alive includes clips of his appearance on The Muppet Show.
- Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (songs and score)
- The Muppet Movie (songs and score)
- The Muppet Christmas Carol (songs)
- Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas stage production (songs)
- A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa (songs)
Appearances with the Muppets
- The Muppet Show: guest star on episode 108
- The Muppet Movie: piano player
- The Muppets Go Hollywood: performed "The Rainbow Connection" with co-composer Kenny Ascher
- The Muppet Show Live: leads a sing-along medley
- MuppetFest: panelist
- A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa: Chief Elf
- Gonzo appears on his 2005 DVD/dualdisc release I'm Going Back There Someday.
- He is one of a small group of Muppet Show guests to have had a Muppet made in his likeness.
- Judy Collins and Kermit the Frog presented Williams into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2001.
- Paul Williams appeared alongside Jim Henson at the 1984 Emmy Awards to present the award for best performer in a variety series.