Osvaldo, el Gruñón (Oswald the Grouch) is a Grouch who lives in Puerto Rico. He first appeared in the Season 11 premiere of Sesame Street, voiced by Norberto Kerner and puppeteered by Richard Hunt.
After the week of shows in Puerto Rico, he re-appeared in Episode 1325, where he visited Oscar in New York, and then in Episode 1443, where he becomes an air steward for a Grouch airline. He then made an appearances in Episode 1557, Episode 1661 and Episode 1662.
In some episodes (including Episode 1682), it was established that Osvaldo had a pet dog named Peligro.
- The Sesame Street Dictionary (1980)
- The Sesame Street Word Book (1983)
- Ernie's Finish the Picture (1985) (as "Oswaldo")
- Splish-Splashy Day (1989) (as "Oswaldo")
- What's in Oscar's Trash Can? and Other Good-Night Stories (1991) (as "Uncle Oswaldo")
- Oscar's Grouch Jamboree (1994)
- ↑ Old School: Volume 3 DVD (2012). Sonia Manzano audio commentary on Episode 1316.
- ↑ The Muppet Mindset: Interview with Muppeteer Gabriel Velez - Part 1
- ↑ Video of Velez performing Osvaldo in a Street scene, circa 1980s