Oliver! is a British musical, with music and lyrics by Lionel Bart, based upon the novel Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. Premiering in London's West End in 1960, a Broadway production was mounted in 1963 and an Academy Award-winning film adaptation followed in 1968. The show has been revived on numerous occasions, and is a staple among regional, community and high school theatres.
- In the fourth season Muppet Babies episode "Invasion of the Muppet Snackers," footage of Harry Secombe as Mr. Bumble was used, in a sequence in which the babies line up for gruel in an Oliver!-style workhouse/orphanage. When Baby Piggy complains about the nasty food, Secombe appears briefly, aghast at her remark.
- In The Muppet Christmas Carol in the middle of the song Scrooge a rat (in imitation of Oliver) says "Please sir, I want some cheese".
- In Grover's 140 character speech for the Shorty Awards, one of them is Oliver Twist.
- Rowan Atkinson played Fagin in the 2009 London revival
- Louise Gold played Mrs. Sowerberry and Mrs Bedwin in the 2009 London revival
- Barry Humphries originated the role of Mr. Sowerberry in the 1963 Broadway production
- Oswald Morris was the cinematographer for the 1968 film adaptation
- Jonathan Pryce played Fagin in the 1994 London revival
- Griff Rhys Jones played Fagin (after Atkinson) in the 2009 London revival
- Clive Revill originated the role of Fagin in the 1963 Broadway production