Initially released as one of two CD-I games by Philips Interactive Media, under the label "A Visit to Sesame Street," the game was modified for CD-ROM releases. The first of which was released specifically for the 3DO by Electronic Arts (1994), and subsequently by Creative Wonders (1995-1997), The Learning Company (1998), and Encore Software (2001). The game was also included in the Sesame Street Learning Series: Toddlers Deluxe CD-ROM set.
The appropriate performers provide voices for the characters, but of particular note is a vocal track by Jim Henson as Ernie and Kermit the Frog. A special thanks message to Henson is seen at the game's end credits.
- "The Present Game": The user must find the right number of gifts and give them to Elmo.
- "The Paper Clip Game": The user must help Bert find his paper clip collection which Ernie has hidden in their apartment.
- "Big Bird's Nest": Big Bird provides clues to help the user find the birdseed he has hidden in his nest.
- "I've Got Your Number": The Count helps the user find his bats, who are hiding behind one of the numbers in his castle.
- "Storybooks & Telephones": Listen to stories in books and answer the phone to talk to characters from Sesame Street.
- "Radios & Televisions": Each character location contains a radio and television set, which plays songs and video clips from the show. Many of these clips are not commercially available elsewhere.
- "Born to Add"
- "Listen to the Bells"
- "Count It Higher"
- "Ten Turtles"
- "Sometimes a Cookie"
- "My Triangle Home"
- "Forty Blocks From My Home"
- "Country Two"
- "Five Bears in a Bed"
- "The Ten Commandments of Health"
- "Subtraction Blues"
- "It's Hip To Be a Square"
- "Green Grow the Rushes Go"
- Kevin Clash as Elmo
- Jim Henson as Ernie and Kermit the Frog
- Frank Oz as Bert
- Marty Robinson as Mr. Snuffleupagus
- Jerry Nelson as the Count
- Carroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch
- Additional appearances by (archive material)
- Ivy Austin, Cheryl Blalock, Douglas Boyd, Fred Calvert, Kimie Calvert, Christopher Cerf, Ed Christie, Merry Delmonte, Jerry Graff, Jeffrey Hale, Jane Henson, Richard Hunt, Paul Jacobs, Jim Kroupa, June Magreder, Jeff Moss, Brian Meuhl, Judith Munsen, Julie Payne, Patricia Rabe, Joe Raposo, Rebecca Reardon, Lynn Roberts, Derek Smith, Andrew Smith, Marilyn Sokol, Alan Sokoloff, Allen Swift
- Executive Producer: Seth Meyers
- Head Writer: Mark Saltzman
- Writers: Sandy Damashek, Mitchell Kriegman
- Interactive Design: Rob Madell, Seth Meters, Glenda Revelle
- Creative Development: Sandy Damashek, Rob Madell, Seth Meyers, Glenda Revelle, Sonia Rosario, Mark Saltzman
- Animation Synchronization: Valerie Vigoda, Michael Artin, Kevin Clash
- Songs by Charles Blaker, Christopher Cerf, Anna Dibble, Harrison Fisher, Ed Bogas, Candy Cugel, Si Fried, Maxine Fisher, B. Gibson, Don Hadley, Jefferson Davis Hale, S. Hopper, Al Jarnow, H. Lewis, William Luckey, Jeff Moss, Lanny Meyers, Judith Munsen, Joe Raposo, Steve Shirak, Nick Stevens, Norman Stiles
- Television animations by: Sasha Burland, Buzzco Assoc., Fred Calvert, Bruce Cayard, Sally Cruikshank, Fred Garbers, Imagination Films, James Miko, John Paratore
- Package Illustration (EA*Kids): Joe Mathieu