New Orleans is the largest city in the state of Louisiana. Famous for New Orleans Jazz, its celebration of Mardi Gras, French Creole archietecture and cuisine, and the French Quarter, The Muppets have visited or referenced this famous city numerous times.
- On Sesame Street, a zydeco band plays "Bayou Pon Pon" and "Allons A Lafayette" from the street of New Orleans. (EKA: Episode 2589)
- The worm character Gooey Armstrong is from New Orleans.
- A 1993 episode of Sesame Street reveals that Hoots the Owl used to wait tables at a jazz club in New Orleans when he was younger.
- The Sesame Street Cast Tour went through New Orleans.
- The worm version of New Orleans famed Mardi Gras celebration is Wormy Gras.
- Many members of the cast of Sesame Street, as well as Between the Lions, visited New Orleans after hurricane Katrina.
- Bert jams with some street musicians in the French Quarter in the Sesame Street coloring book Let's Take a Trip!