New Mexico is the 47th state of the United States of America.
- The state of New Mexico in general served as the backdrop for a series of episodes in Season 7 of Sesame Street (episodes 810, 811, 812, 813, 814 and 815). Big Bird, Buffy, and other characters visited Pueblos and learned about Southwest culture.
- The desert scenes for The Muppet Movie were shot in Albuquerque, NM.
- Though much of The Great Muppet Caper was filmed and set in London, England, the opening scenes, in which Kermit the Frog and friends descend in a hot air balloon to a bustling city street below, were filmed in Albuquerque, NM.
- Chauffering the various adults from Sesame Street to the studio in Elmopalooza, Grover takes a wrong turn and winds up in Roswell, NM, best known as the alleged site of alien landings.
- Jim Henson owned a ranch in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Zeke Stillwater, one of the Birthday Muppets when the Muppets Took Over Today, is from Missing Teeth, New Mexico.
- Doorknob World is a theme park located in Beluga, New Mexico in the Muppet Babies book Gonzo and the Great Race.
- Gonzo visits "Carlsbird Caverns" in the video game The Great Gonzo in WordRider.