A nighttime version of the parade was introduced on June 18, 2011.
It was directed and written by Sherri-Lynn Draper.
“Sesame Place will debut a brand-new parade in 2011. The “Neighborhood Street Party” parade will feature three show-stopping performances that help kids learn about letters, numbers and friendship. With 11 larger-than-life floats, the parade is a neighborhood celebration filled with fun, friends and memories. During the "Neighborhood Street Party" guests will experience an energetic neighborhood block party on iconic Sesame Street with all of their favorite friends, including: Elmo, Count Von Count, Bert & Ernie, Abby Cadabby, Zoe, Cookie Monster, Rosita, Big Bird and Telly. The parade will feature familiar contemporary tunes, as well as, Sesame Street favorites that are sure to get everyone joining in the fun.”
Among the 11 floats are be one of Count von Count's castle, adorned with gargoyles, replacing the Count's pipe organ, and another for Elmo, featuring his stuffed toy Baby David and goldfish Dorothy. Abby Cadabby is featured on her own float; and Cookie Monster appears in a float shaped like a giant cookie jar. The parade also features the debut of Murray Monster as a walk-around character.
Jon Baker composed music for the parade.
- "Walk This Way"
- "No Matter What Your Language"
- "Count It Higher"
- "Move Your Body" (Hi-5)
- "Jump" (Flo Rida)/"Apache [Jump On It]" (Sugarhill Gang)
The Neighborhood Street Party Halloween Parade
As part of The Count's Halloween Spooktacular, the parade transforms into a Halloween parade during the month of October and features floats and music for the season. Many of the walk-around characters also appear in Halloween costumes for the parade (such as Elmo as an astronaut, Rosita as Little Red Riding Hood, Bert and Ernie as pirates, Abby Cadabby as a princess, Zoe as a witch, Grover as Super Grover, and Telly as Indiana Jones).
- "Meet Me on Sesame Street" sung by the cast
- Medley: sung by Big Bird and the cast
- "Ghostbusters" / "10 Little Ghosties" sung by Count von Count
- "Do You Belive in Magic" sung by Abby Cadabby
- "Jack O' Lantern Jump" by Grover and the cast
- "This Is Halloween" (from The Nightmare Before Christmas) sung by Murray and Telly
- Dance break: "The Munsters Theme" (instrumental)
- "Things That Go Bump in the Night" sung by Murray, Grover and Abby
- "I Want Candy" sung by Elmo and the cast
- "Meet Me on Sesame Street (reprise)" sung by the cast