In the "Inchworm" sketch, which Jim Henson performed on many variety shows in the 1960s, Kermit the Frog would sit on a wall, eating passing worms. A Muppet monster would drag Kermit off the wall and then re-appear making a chewing motion, creating the illusion that Kermit was eaten whole.
For later sketches, a "slit" in the second Muppet's mouth was made so the eaten Muppet could be pulled through and, if necessary, performed from inside the second Muppet after being "eaten".
- Wilkins Coffee: A whale eats Wontkins.
- Southern Bell Telephone: Big V eats Mack.
- Warburtons: Big Mean Carl eats a bunny.
- "Rock n' Roll Monster": Sour Bird eats the dissolved monster.
- "Glow Worm" sketch, 1966: Kermit eats two Muppet worms and Big V eats Kermit.
- I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face: Yorick attempts to eat Kermit.
- "Music Hath Charms" sketch, 1967: The Piano eats Kermit.
- "The Computer Dinner" sketch, 1967: The monster eats the Talking Machine.
- "The Glutton" sketch, 1971: The Glutton eats a shrunken Glutton and then tries to eat Ed Sullivan.
- Kermit's Stepping Stones to Success: Beautiful Day Monster threatens to eat Kermit if he doesn't shorten his speech.
- In Episode 0001, a yet unnamed Cookie Monster tries to eat Kermit (by his frog leg) after devouring the letter "W" in his lecture.
- Cookie Monster tries to eat Guy Smiley in a bakery segment when he thinks that he is the thing Guy told him that's eatable and rhymes with "buy"
- A cow nibbles on a Muppet stack of hay as they exit the frame in Forgetful Jones' Oklahoma sketch.
- In the street story of Episode 4414, the tiger tries to eat the monkey and the penguin.
- In Cookie's Crumby Pictures: Star S'mores, Cookie Monster (as Flan Solo) tries to eat Chewie the Cookie several times, but eventually learns to control himself.
- Episode 103: Gorgon Heap eats Baskerville and Miss Piggy during the Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Disappearing Clues sketch.
- Episode 114: A crocodile eats two frogs during the "Never Smile at a Crocodile" number, but later spits them out.
- Episode 115: Behemoth (unseen) eats Kermit for "Veterinarian's Hospital". (He had a frog in his throat.)
- Episode 116: A gorilla presumably eats Dr. Bunsen Honeydew after his Gorilla Detector fails to alert him.
- Episode 204: Lenny the Lizard eats two worms and Gorgon Heap eats Lenny in a new version of the "Glow Worm" sketch.
- Episode 205: Judy Collins: The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly swallowed a fly, a spider, a bird, a cat, a dog and assorted other shadow-puppet animals before she explodes.
- Episode 210: Luncheon Counter Monster eats the entire machine in a new version of the "Monster & Machine" sketch.
- Episode 316: A lunchbox eats a construction worker.
- Episode 419: A shark tries to eat a lobster during the UK Spot "Boom-A-Raka-Sacky".
- Episode 419: A Crocodile eats the Newsman when he says the name of the Egyptian Crocodile-God, Rezal-evad-gib. Does so a second time in the next scene when the Newsman does it again. (After Beauregard tries to warn Lynda Carter not to say the word, but can't remember it.)
- Episode 515: Mean Mama swallows First Mate Piggy during "Pigs in Space". (When Gonzo declares that Piggy will be disqualified for not dancing - due to the dance marathon - she starts doing so again, from inside Mean Mama's stomach.)
- Episode 115: During the talk spot, Kermit tells Candice Bergen that last week, Sweetums ate the guest. (Although the audience was never shown the incident in the preceding episode.)
- Episode 116: In the "Battle of Insults", Sweetums reveals that he ate his dog.
- Food: A lizard eats a bumblebee, then a snake eats a lizard, a hawk eats a snake, the hawk crashes into a tree and falls and gets eaten by a crocodile, who gets eaten by Luncheon Counter Monster, who gets eaten by Doglion.
- Coffee Break Machine: Luncheon Counter Monster eats the Compu-Coffee 2000.
- Leo and the Monster: Luncheon Counter Monster threatens to eat Leo if he doesn't shorten his speech.
- Think Bigger: Big Mean Carl eats Boo Monster.
- In the DXD "Do Not Touch" video, Kermit gets eaten by an alligator.
- "The Howling": Roy Hess eats a live creature who can be seen while Roy eats with his mouth open. Roy finally spits it out
- "I Never Ate for My Father": A swamp monster eats Robbie Sinclair, some small creatures and later Earl.
- "Fran Live": Robbie eats a live creature but spits it out.
- "Wilderness Weekend": The swamp monster tries to eat Earl, Robbie, Baby Sinclair, Roy, Sid Turtlepuss and Gus Spikeback.
- "Into the Woods": The Predator monster eats a baby dinosaur in the "Your Solo Wilderness Ritual" video.
The Muppets (2015)
- "I Never Ate for My Father": A small creature in the woods says that he tried to get his son to be a carnivore, and ate him when he refused.
- "Employee of the Month": Earl mentions that B.P. Richfield got where he is by eating *his* boss.
- "A New Leaf": B.P. Richfield says that he ate a little boy for breakfast and was planning to eat the boy's sister for lunch.
- "WESAYSO Knows Best": B.P. Richfield says that he bit his nephew's head off.
- In "Swamp Music", during an awkward dinner between the Sinclairs and mammals, Mudbelly asks "What's the matter? You've never had mammals for dinner before?" Baby responds, "All the time. They're yummy!"
- In The Frog Prince, Sweetums tries to eat Robin the Frog.
- Sweetums eats Lew Zealand's fish Tommy during the end credits of The Muppet Movie.
- In Kermit's Swamp Years, Kermit almost eats Horace D'Fly, before spitting him out.
- In From the Balcony Episode 24, The Blimp eats The Defroster.
- In the Kokomo Music Video, a shark tries to eat an Inkspot.
- In one of several group shots seen in TV spots for The Muppets, Pepe is shown in Behemoth's mouth.
- During the credits of the "All I Need Is Love" music video, Big Mean Carl eats a rabbit.
- In Lady Gaga & the Muppets' Holiday Spectacular, Big Mean Carl eats Albert and later tries to eat Kermit.
- During their QVC-takeover, Big Mean Carl eats Rizzo (who later reappears).
- Every episode of Disney Drive-On has Big Mean Carl eating an office bunny.
- In Episode 112 of The Muppets, Big Mean Carl tries to eat Scooter.
- In Here Come the Muppets, Floyd Pepper says that Animal likes kids, and adds that he had two for breakfast.
- The Muppet Show Episode 202: Behemoth tries to eat Zero in the opening; Zero tries to eat Sam; and Mean Mama tries to eat Zero during the closing.
- Episode 207: Edgar Bergen: Charlie McCarthy tells Kermit that although he doesn't talk to frogs much, he has had dinner with frogs: "They're delicious."
- Episode 214: Kermit chides the crocodiles for attempting to eat Elton John after the opening number.