A new series of Muppet comics was scheduled to appear in the pages of Disney Adventures. Roger Langridge wrote and drew the comics which are intended as one or two-page stories to run in the regular edition of the magazine with larger stories (ten to twelve pages) in the ComicZone specials.
On his blog, Langridge originally announced that the strips would begin running in the August 2007 issue. In August, Langridge posted that there had been delays, and reported comics editor Steve Behling's projected estimate of a 2008, publication, either the December/January or February issues.
However, subsequently, on August 22, 2007, Disney Publishing Worldwide announced to the press that it would cease publication of the magazine with the November issue. Upon learning the news, Langridge responded: "I think they're going to try to publish the existing strips (or at least some of them) before they finish up. Otherwise... well, watch this space."
Only a single strip, a one-page story focusing on Fozzie Bear, Smedley, Statler and Waldorf (with a cameo by Scooter), appeared in the final Disney Adventures issue, cover date November 2007. Some remaining material found its way to a preview issue of The Muppet Show Comic Book released in limited numbers at the San Diego Comic-Con 2008.
- Pigs in Space, originally intended as the debut comic.
- At the Dance, a planned ComicZone special.
- Veterinarian's Hospital, featuring Floyd Pepper as the patient.
- ↑ "Muppet News Flash", The Hotel Fred blog, Roger Langridge. May 26, 2007.
- ↑ "We Still Have Muppets", The Hotel Fred blog, Roger Langridge. August 14, 2007.
- ↑ "Muppet News Flash", Roger Langridge's "The Hotel Fred" blog. May 26, 2007.
- ↑ The MuppetCast episode #7, interview with Roger Langridge.
- ↑ Roger Langridge blog post, March 31, 2009