|Written by||Louise Gikow|
|Illustrator||Tom Brannon and John E. Barrett|
|Publisher||Macmillan Publishing Company|
Muppet Babies' Classic Nursery Rhymes is a large format book containing photos by John Barrett of the Muppet Babies puppet posers in their version of classic nursery rhymes. It's interesting to note that although the characters appear somewhat true to their origins in Miss Piggy's dream sequence from Muppets Take Manhattan, the group includes Skeeter, a character introduced in the animated Muppet Babies series.
The photos originally appeared in the Muppet Babies Nursery Rhyme Calendar 1989.
The quality taken in putting together each photo and its presentation, from lighting and color palettes, set construction to costumes, and right down to the tiny details, is reminiscent of what Mike Frith was doing in the 1980s on such projects as the Miss Piggy Calendars.
- Ring Around the Rosie - Cast (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Skeeter and Animal) in a field.
- Georgie Porgie - Gonzo, Skeeter and Piggy ice skating.
- This Little Piggy - Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie at the marketplace.
- Rain Rain Go Away - Cast in a baseball dugout.
- Little Boy Blue - Kermit looks on a sleeping Gonzo in the hay with two sheep.
- Simple Simon - Fozzie, Rowlf and Piggy at the fair.
- She Sells Seashells - Kermit, Animal, Piggy, Skeeter and Gonzo by the seashore.
- Wee Willie Winkie - Kermit peers in on sleeping Fozzie, Gonzo and Piggy.
- Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater - Kermit and Piggy in a pumpkin.
- Jack Be Nimble - Animal jumping over a candlestick.
- Hickory, Dickory, Dock - Cast on a staircase at Christmas.
- Mary Had a Little Lamb - Kermit and Piggy with a lamb at the schoolhouse.
- In the Wee Willie Winkie photograph, there is a framed picture of Nanny on the wall. Since Nanny's face is never shown, the picture is of her legs.