MuppetWorld.com was an official Muppets site run as an offshoot of Muppets.com under The Jim Henson Company's ownership. The website was online from 2001 until 2004. In 2005, after the Muppets were sold to the Walt Disney Company, the site redirected to Disney's first Muppets site, muppets.go.com.
The website, which required the Macromedia Flash plug-in to view, was designed by Dream Theater, and many of the activities themselves were designed by Empire Visualization.
Columbia Tri-Star Home Video's The Very Best of the Muppet Show: Volume 2 included access to the MuppetWorld website.
Muppetworld.com had a variety of Flash-based activities, including:
- A series of MuppetToons, 3D-polygon representations of Muppets involved in computer & Internet-based sketches.
- Pepe's Shopping Carnival was a merchandise area.
- An interactive story based upon the movie Muppets from Space.
- Activities involving Animal which included controlling the muppet to create sounds & songs.
- An activity titled Whot's Cooking? that featured The Swedish Chef.
- An area called the Galactic Outpost, where users could play space-themed games.
- An area where the user assisted Bunsen Honeydew & Beaker in mixing colors.
- A Fozzie-related repository of jokes.
Muppetworld.com was awarded the "Flashkit Featured Site of the Month" for May 2000.