MuppetToons were a series of digitally created shorts made in 2000 for the now-defunct MuppetWorld.com website. The shorts involved computer-rendered versions of the Muppet characters, performed by the puppeteers using the Henson Digital Performance System.
Internet users needed to download a browser plug-in called the "Pulse Player" from the company "Pulse Entertainment" in order to watch the MuppetToons from their web browser.
List of MuppetToons
- The Kermambo: Featured Kermit & Rizzo, with Kermit having to perform a song & dance every time any Internet user requested it because of a faulty server.
- The Stream: Featured Bunsen Honeydew & Beaker, with Bunsen attempting to teleport Beaker to Paris. The teleportation malfunctions as a result of the then-topical "Michelangelo" computer virus, with predictably comical results.
- Net Congestion: Fozzie Bear makes his world wide web comedy debut. Unfortunately, Statler and Waldorf use streaming audio to heckle his performance. All seems lost until Statler and Waldorf's exposure to the streaming audio gives them a case of net congestion. Fozzie has a chance to finish his routine, until the two old geezers sneeze him off the stage.
- Journey to the Center of the Cyberverse: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker attempt to make a journey to the center of the Internet, while braving viruses.
- You've Got Gonzo: Rizzo the Rat helps Gonzo attempt the most unheard-of stunt yet: E-mailing himself, simultaneously, to everyone in the world!
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Waldorf, and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
- Jerry Nelson as Statler
- Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog, Rizzo the Rat and Beaker
- Bruce Lanoil
- Allan Trautman
- Writer: Craig Shemin ("Net Congestion")
- ↑ "MuppeToons premiere on Muppetworld.com", press release by Jim Henson Interactive posted on Muppet Central. March 22, 2000.