Telly Monster often appears as a reporter for Monster on the Spot, dressed in a hat and neck tie. While Sesame Street News often takes place in a variety of areas, "Monster on the Spot" reports usually cover things that happen on Sesame Street.
Telly once appeared in a Sesame Street News Flash sketch as a reporter. In that sketch it was mentioend that he worked for Sesame Street News, but he also referred to himself as a "Monser on the Street" reporter. In this appearance he wore a trenchcoat in addition to his hat and tie.
- Telly goes to a first grade classroom to give a report on the first day of school, but the classroom is empty. He looks at all the things in the classroom that indicates that it's a classroom, and he mistakes a plumber for the teacher. The plumber informs Telly that the next day is actually the first day of school, but she gives him a story about her experience as a plumber.
- A "K" film is interrupted by a Monster on the Spot report. Telly is about to interview King Kenny from the kingdom of K. Kenny notices there are no kangaroos, kazoos or kittens to be found, but Telly shows him there's plenty of kids, who gather around him. Telly learns they've run out of time for the interview, so he points them to the K film, which resumes.
- Telly tries to report on "Peek-a-Boo Street," but can't find it. He discovers he's supposed to report on Olympic skier, Picabo Street.
- Telly watches Melissa as she asks three kids if she can play with them.
- Big Sister and Little Brother
- Telly interviews a big sister, Nicole, asking her about the good and bad points of having a little brother, and then interviews the little brother, Robin (a baby), to get his side of the situation.
- Season 14: Telly interviews Billy Dee Williams about how to make friends.
- Season 14: Telly, David, and Luis discuss sadness.
- Season 16: Telly discusses healthy habits with Bob and Herry Monster.
- Episode 2405: Telly interviews Maria and Luis, who have just fallen in love with each other.
- Season 21: Telly interviews Jackie Joyner-Kersee in "Jackie Be Nimble".
- Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake: Telly asks Count von Count if he supports public broadcasting.
- Episode 3055: Telly interviews Little Miss Muffet, who has just gotten married and therefore has to change her nursery rhyme.
- Episode 3788: Telly covers the world's longest and shortest games of hide-and-seek.
- Episode 4059: Telly covers a story in which it's revealed that Curly Bear doesn't like porridge.
- Episode 4087: Telly interviews Baby Bear, who tells him the story of what The Three Bears did during their walk.
- Episode 4133: Telly covers "National Try a New Food Day" on Sesame Street.