Monster Hits! is a 1990 Sesame Street direct-to-video compilation, part of the Sesame Songs Home Video series. Herry Monster is the host of "The Fuzzy Awards", an awards show for the best monster songs. A winner is already written in the envelope, but the envelope can't be opened until after all of the songs have been shown (though Elmo really wants to know in advance which song is the winner).
The names of the performers and song titles appear on-screen at the beginning and ending of the songs, while "C is for Cookie" also has "Fuzzy Award Winner" written on-screen. The songs also have audience sound effects added.
The video is included as a bonus feature in Big Elmo Fun.
| || The announcer introduces the "live - on tape" ceremony and it's host Herry Monster, who explains that one of the year's monster song hits will win the Fuzzy Award. Elmo, who holds the envelope with the winner's name inside, is eager to know who won. Herry tries to take the envelope to keep Elmo from opening it, which leads to an onstage chase.|
The announcer introduces the first two Monster Hits...
| || The Aristocrats|
(First: Episode 0812)
| || Herry Monster and Family|
"Herry's Family Song"
| ||Herry briefly stops chasing Elmo to introduce (and imitate) the next nominee.|
| || Frazzle and Friends|
(EKA: Episode 1157)
| || Herry and The Singing Heads|
"Two Heads Are Better Than One"
(EKA: Episode 1447)
| ||Herry has Elmo promise that he won't open the envelope, and then introduces the next song.|
| || Grover, Herry, Cookie Monster and Frazzle|
"Fuzzy and Blue"
(EKA: Episode 1839)
| || Furline Huskie|
"Comb Your Face"
| ||Herry presents "The Lifetime Monster Achievement Award" to his mommy, who sobs hysterically "I couldn't have done it without you son!" Herry then presents a special song to his mom before crying with her.|
| || Herry Monster|
"That Furry Blue Mommy of Mine"
(Edited from episode 1052)
| ||Herry assures Elmo that the envelope can be opened after the next three songs.|
| || Cookie Monster|
(EKA: Episode 2390)
| || Grover|
"What Do I Do When I'm Alone?"
(EKA: Episode 0303)
| || The Furtones|
"We Are All Monsters"
(First: Episode 2731)
| ||The time has finally come to open the envelope. Special guest Cookie Monster comes onstage to announce the winner, but becomes tempted to eat the envelope ("Big moral decision") and does. Elmo looks inside Cookie's mouth to see who the winner is, which happens to be Cookie.|
| || Cookie Monster|
"C is for Cookie"
(clapping sound effects added)
(EKA: Episode 0377)
| || Cookie holds his Fuzzy Award victoriously as cameras flash. Herry closes the show by saying "Thanks fur everything."|
As the credits roll, the announcer mentions Transportation by "Titanic Airlines." Accommodations by "Great Monster Motels."
- The design of "West Monster Auditorium," seen at the beginning of the video, is based on Radio City Music Hall.
- Cookie Monster's dialogue in the framing material was prerecorded. His first line "Thank you, thank you. Monster, thank you." is repeated thrice.
- Herry Monster, Cookie Monster, Grover, Frazzle, Elmo, Two Headed Monster, Stuie Monster, Furline Huskie, Maurice Monster, Harvey Monster, Clancy, Kermit the Forg, Herry's Father, Herry's Mother, Herry's Granny, Billy, Fenwick, Oscar the Grouch
- Producer: Nina Elias
- Director: Jon Stone
- Segment Directors: Jim Baylor, Jim Henson, Robert Myhrum, Bob Schwartz
- Head Writer: Tony Geiss
- Writer: Christopher Cerf
- Segment Writers: David Axlerod, Sara Compton, Tony Geiss, Jeff Moss, Paul Parnes, Cathi Rosenberg-Turow
- Songs by: David Axlerod, Christopher Cerf, Sara Compton, Tony Geiss, Stephen Lawrence, Jeff Moss, Paul Parnes, Sam Pottle, Joe Raposo, Cathi Rosenberg-Turow
- Production Designer: Victor DiNapoli
- Special Thanks to: Sharon Lerner, Franklin Getchell, Leslie Raicer, Christine Ferraro