Monica DeVertebrae is the brontosaurus who lives next door to Earl and Fran on Dinosaurs. Introduced in the second season episode "Unmarried ... With Children," Monica is a career woman, a real estate agent selling the house next door.
Monica also holds the distinction of being the first dinosaur to divorce her husband, deciding not to renew her marriage license. As a four-legged dinosaur (only her neck and head are ever shown), she often encounters racial prejudice.
Earl generally thinks of Monica as a radical, filling Fran's mind with wild ideas about independence. Her strong will and refusal to let dinosaur misogyny affect her role in the work place led to the "Sexual Harris" hearings in "What "Sexual Harris" Meant". Roy Hess has a crush on her, and in "Green Card," they briefly marry so Monica can stay in Pangaea.
Monica was the only "film-style" body-less puppet on set, requiring a team of 4-5 puppeteers to operate the massive cables needed to move her neck joints, steady the fulcrum, and roll her in and out of the window.
- Episode 209: Unmarried ... With Children
- Episode 213: What "Sexual" Harris Meant
- Episode 214: Fran Live
- Episode 219: Nuts to War (part 1)
- Episode 220: Nuts to War (part 2)
- Episode 224: WESAYSO Knows Best
- Episode 301: Nature Calls
- Episode 311: Wilderness Weekend
- Episode 314: Green Card
- Episode 315: Out of the Frying Pan
- Episode 410*: Working Girl