Von Gadow studied as a radio technician in Wuppertal, Germany, and later began performing on stage. In the 1960s, he entered film and television, appearing in such international films as Something for Everyone (1970, with Angela Lansbury) and Roman Polanski's What? His television credits include Hufnagel in the German children's series Meister Eder und sein Pumuckl.
Since 1967, he has been active as a dubbing voice actor. He serves as the primary German voice of Joe Pesci and dubbed Ian Holm in several films (including Alien and The Lord of the Rings series). Von Gadow has also dubbed the likes of Warwick Davis in The Ewok Adventure and the Harry Potter franchise, Charles Durning in The Hudsucker Proxy, Henry Gibson in The Blues Brothers, and Paul Dooley in Popeye. Animation roles include Philoctetes in Disney's Hercules, Jigo in the Miyazaki feature Princess Mononoke, and Silver in Watership Down. He also dubbed Joe Melia as Mr. Prosser in the television version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Muppet Dub CreditsEdit
- Die Muppet Show (The Muppet Show): Dr. Julius Strangepork (second season), Dom DeLuise
- The Muppet Movie: Bernie the Agent
- Die Fraggles (Fraggle Rock): Wembley Fraggle
- A Muppet Family Christmas: Wembley Fraggle
- Die Muppets Weihnachtsgeschichte (The Muppet Christmas Carol): Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
- Muppet Treasure Island: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
- Muppets Tonight: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Larry King
- Die Muppets: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew