Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is an American live-action television series, based on the 16th installment of the Japanese Super Sentai franchise, Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger. Both the show and its merchandise catapulted into pop culture in mere months from its U.S. debut in 1993. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in its original form ran until 1996, and even spawned a feature film. The series still airs today, but since 1996 has been renamed for each season, with a new cast and new storylines every season.
The Walt Disney Company purchased the Power Rangers franchise in 2001, as part of a package transaction for the acquisition of ABC Family (previously "Fox Family"). In 2010, Disney sold the series back to its original owner, Haim Saban.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie: When Kimberly is dragged off by Ivan Ooze's Tengu warriors she yells "Let me go, Big Bird."
- Paul Goddard played Dave in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995)
- Brittany Curran appeared in an episode of Power Rangers Wild Force (2002)
- Barbara Goodson voiced Rita Repulsa, Prince Sprocket, Orbus, Mandilock's female voice and other monsters in various Power Rangers incarnations from 1993-2002.
- Elizabeth Banks played Rita Repulsa in Power Rangers (2017 film).
- Bill Hader voiced Alpha 5 in Power Rangers (2017 film).
- Joel Tobeck voiced various monsters from 2003-2014.