Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Michael Rüth (b. 1938) is a German voice actor who dubbed Rowlf in Die Muppet Show and the German versions of The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, and A Muppet Family Christmas. He has also dubbed other Muppet characters, such as Howard Tubman (renamed Howard Schinkenschmitz).
Voicing Rowlf again in Die Muppets, he is one of only three remaining voice artists to reprise their Muppet Show roles that they originated; the other two being Christina Hoeltel as Scooter and Donald Arthur as Beauregard (and Uncle Deadly).
Rüth's other dub credits, largely in animation, include the German voice of Winnie the Pooh in the recent films, Grandpa and Barney Gumble on The Simpsons, Mr. Garrison in South Park, various parts in the Asterix features, and two of John Ratzenberger's roles in Pixar films: Hamm in the Toy Story movies and P. T. Flea in A Bug's Life.
He has dubbed character actors Ian McNeice (in three films), Jon Polito in Flags of Our Fathers, Glenn Shadix in Sleepwalkers, Jaime Sánchez in Carlito's Way, and multiple guest actors on The Incredible Hulk and Doctor Who.
Muppet Voice Credits
- Die Muppet Show: Rowlf, Gogalala Jubilee Jugband Singer ("Mississippi Mud" in Folge 114)
- Muppet Movie: Rowlf
- Der Grosse Muppet Krimi (The Great Muppet Caper: Rowlf
- Die Muppets erobern Manhattan (The Muppets Take Manhattan): Rowlf
- Das Hasenpicknick (The Tale of the Bunny Picnic): Father Bunny
- Die Muppets feiern Weihnacht (A Muppet Family Christmas): Rowlf
- Muppets Sing mit Uns: Kermit & Co.: Rowlf
- Muppets Tonight: Howard Schinkenschmitz
- Das Grösste Muppet-Weihnachtsspektakel aller Zeiten (It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie): Howard Schinkenschmitz
- Muppets Der Zauberer von Oz (The Muppets' Wizard of Oz): Dr. Teeth, Rat
- Die Muppets: Briefe an den Weihnachtsmann (A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa): Rowlf, Zoot
- Die Muppets: Rowlf