Mary Poppins is the name of a novel published in 1934 by P.L. Travers that launched a series of books about a magical English nanny. It is most popularly known as a 1964 Disney film starring Julie Andrews.
- The Anything Muppets performed "A Spoonful of Sugar" from the Disney film in Sesame Street Episode 0005.
- In a Sesame Street News Flash segment, Ali Baba tries to remember a word beginning with the letter S to open a cave, one such guess being an incomplete "Open Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."
- In an Ask Oscar sketch, Oscar states that "super-cali-fragile-istic-yucka-alidocious" is the longest grouch word, referencing the film's song, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."
- In the special Julie on Sesame Street, Ernie and Bert spot Andrews out on the street and try to remember where they've seen her. They recall her being from a movie about an "English girl" and "the umbrella over the rooftop," but Ernie ends up guessing Mary, Queen of Scots.
- The Sesame Street character Super Nanny is a reference to Mary Poppins in name (Penny Pipkins), demeanor and attire.
- Baby Piggy imagines herself as Piggy Poppins in the Muppet Babies episode "This Little Piggy Went to Hollywood." She tries to pass on a life lesson to Jane and Michael (Scooter and Skeeter), but can't properly pronounce Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and gets whisked away by the wind on her umbrella.
- The Fall 1984 issue of Muppet Magazine features Mary Poppins in its "Coming Attractions" feature with Statler and Waldorf.
- Sean, from the Creature Shop-effects movie Mee-Shee: The Water Giant, calls Mrs. Coogan, Mary Poppins.
- In Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet, after Danvers expresses concern about whether Gonzo will still want him in their act if he gets turned back into a normal sixth-grader, Gonzo reassures him by stating "I don't care if you come back as Mary Poppins!" Fozzie then comments; "Oh I love Mary Poppins!"
- The Muppets Character Encyclopedia mentions Annie Sue took part in the stage production of Mary Porkins.
- When Elizabeth Banks kicks Scooter out of the cart from a tour designed to keep her out of Miss Piggy's sight in The Muppets episode Pig Girls Don't Cry", he jumps back on shouting that he hasn't shown her the Mary Poppins stage yet.
- Julie Andrews played Mary Poppins in the film
- Emily Blunt is scheduled to play Mary Poppins in the film Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
- Daws Butler voiced a turtle and a penguin in the film
- Louise Gold played Miss Andrew in the London West End production
- Lin-Manuel Miranda is scheduled to play Jack in the film Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
- Sean McCourt originated the roles of Von Hussler and Jack-in-the-Box in the Broadway production (and understudied Mr. Banks and others)
- Cass Morgan originated the role of the Bird Woman in the Broadway production
- Meryl Streep is scheduled to play Topsy Poppins, Mary Poppins' cousin in the film Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
- Dick Van Dyke played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the film