Norma Jeane Baker, better known as Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962), was an American actress, singer and model. Many of her screen performances have become iconic, and her dumb blonde persona became synonimus with the actress. Her films ranged from dramatic turns in Bus Stop to comical in Some Like It Hot. She has often been cited as a pop and cultural icon as well as an eminent American sex symbol. She graced the first issue of Playboy magazine, sang Happy Birthday to You to John F. Kennedy and her death continues to be shroud in mystery.
- On a Disney pin, in the famous dress scene from The Five Year Itch. An almost identical design was used on a Muppet dangle charm.
- In the television special The Muppets Go to the Movies, she performs the song "Heat Wave" in a costume reminiscent of the one worn by Monroe in There's No Business Like Show Business.
- In a photo shoot by Mike Ruiz. Miss Piggy wore an original outfit by Phillipe & David Blond inspired by Monroe.
- The cover of issue #4 of The Muppet Show Comic Book features Piggy's version of "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (which was also the inspiration for Madonna and her "Material Girl" video, which was in turn spoofed by the Muppets on numerous occassions.)
- The song was featured as the closing number in episode 109 of Muppets Tonight, where it was sung by Whoopi Goldberg and Miss Piggy, backed by the Penguins in a staging similar to that of the original film.
- In episode 120 of The Muppet Show, Valerie Harper does an impression of Monroe during her opening number, "Broadway Baby."