Madeline Kahn (1942–1999) was a comedic actress best known for her roles in Mel Brooks films, including Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles and High Anxiety. She won a Tony Award in 1993 for her role in The Sisters Rosensweig. She also voiced Gypsy in Pixar's A Bug's Life.
1978: Recorded inserts for Sesame Street (see below).
1981: Portrayed Madeline, a bird watcher, in Episode 1576.
1994: Makes an appearance in Episode 3136.
Appearances in Sesame Street inserts
- Madeline and Grover sing an echo song.
- Madeline Kahn says "Me", as the word appears on-screen.
- Madeline makes the M sound, and then says her name.
- She appears in the celebrity-edited version, wearing a Rubber Duckie on her head.
- Madeline says that although she likes rhinoceroses, she wouldn't invite one over for lunch.
- Counting to 20
- Madeline plays a pair of identical twins, who take turns counting to 20.